Playtech is one of those casino software developers that’s not afraid to experiment. Over the years, the company has produced a wide range of Blackjack games with all sorts of exotic rules and unusual side bets. Yet its Cashback Blackjack online release proves that one simple addition is all that’s needed to create a winner.
Contrary to its name, this title doesn’t give a percentage of your bets back when you lose. What it does offer is a form of early payout that you can take any time before busting. Our new review will give you the latest details about its rules and show you where to play it for real money.
Try Cashback Blackjack by Playtech in These Casinos
This world-famous site has everything you need. Its excellent sports betting client is supplemented by a casino section that includes Cashback Blackjack by Playtech and over a thousand other games from NetEnt, Play’n GO, and other top providers. bet365 is also known for its extremely fast withdraws. Most payments come in 1-2 business days.
The perfect choice for beginners and picky players. NetBet has a huge portfolio of games that you can also try in demo mode. Its promotions are often themed around hit titles and refresh frequently. iTech Labs, a top independent testing organization, is actively auditing the casino’s iGaming portfolio and services.
One of the premier Playtech operators on the market. Casino.com offers an astounding live dealer lobby with an array of innovative table games. You can also try Cashback Blackjack online, or one of the other 30+ RNG releases in the operator’s dedicated section. When making your first deposit, you can grab a 100% bonus up to $400, and 200 Slot spins.
Explaining the Cashback Blackjack Rules
In its essence, this game doesn’t differ all that much from a classic Vegas Strip version. The house uses a shoe made of six 52-card decks, stands on all 17s, and doesn’t peek for Blackjack. Your goal is the same — achieve a higher score than the dealer without going over 21. You can choose to play with up to five hands to increase the volatility.
While trying to decide your next move, you’ll be tempted by a “Cashback” button. Cashback Blackjack by Playtech gives you the option to take a sum of money before the house plays their hand. The offered amount depends on how your hand total stacks up against the dealer’s up-card. Most often, it will be lower than your bet, but sometimes, you can walk away with extra money in your pocket.
Here are the regulations regarding splits and double downs:
- Re-splitting is not allowed.
- You can draw additional cards to split hands and take cashback except when dividing Aces.
- Doubling can happen on any normal and split hand with two cards.
- If you double against a 10-value card and the dealer gets a natural, Cashback Blackjack online returns half of your wager. However, that won’t happen if the up-card is an Ace.
It’s possible to take insurance, but the house edge on this bet isn’t optimal. Our advice is to enter “Settings” and disable it altogether. Aside from that, you can put money on the “21+3” and “Player/Dealer Pairs” side bets. The 10-card Charlie rule is also in effect, so you’ll win if you manage to draw 10 cards without busting.
New Players, Check Out This Tutorial
Getting started with Blackjack may seem like a daunting task, especially if you’ve heard about the involved skill element. Still, if you’ve read the Cashback Blackjack rules carefully, this guide will help you get going in a few minutes:
- To practice without worrying about money, it’s best to locate a casino that has a demo mode of the title. Out of the operators we recommend, NetBet will allow you to play without even registering.
- At the start, you should see a menu with several betting tiers. Select one, and keep in mind that you can always see the limits written on the golden sign in the top-left corner.
- Select a chip from the bottom-left side and click on one or more of the circles in the middle. Cashback Blackjack online only gives out $1,000 in demo credits, so it might make sense to use chips of a smaller denomination. Also, you can put some money on the side bets if you wish.
- Once you’re happy with your wagers, press “Deal”, and the game will commence. Cards will be dealt, and you’ll see the “Cashback”, “Hit”, and “Stand”, and “Double” buttons appear. Splits are only possible when you have two cards of identical value.
We recommend that you search the web for a basic strategy chart for American Blackjack that’s played with 4-8 decks. That way, you’ll have the best odds of winning against the dealer. Use the “Cashback” option sparingly and when you feel like it’s worth it.
The Payouts and RTP of Cashback Blackjack Online
Cashback Blackjack by Playtech didn’t surprise us with its payouts, and that’s a good thing. You’ll get x1.5 times your bet if you win with a natural and a 1:1 reward on all standard wins. Thus, using a vital strategy will guarantee you an RTP of 99.55%. The return rates are standard for the genre and among the best in gambling but do note that they will be lowered if you decide to go for the side bets. Let’s see what the Cashback Blackjack rules say about their payouts:
“21+3” side bet — 95.38% RTP. Pays when your first two cards and the house’s up-card form a:
- Flush (all three are of the same suit) — 5:1
- Straight (sequential rank, e.g., 5, 6, 7) — 10:1
- Three of a kind — 30:1
- Straight Flush — 40:1
Player/dealer pairs — 93.89%. They pay when your or the dealer’s hole cards form the following pairs:
- Black/red (same value, different colors) — 6:1
- Colored (same color & value with different suits) — 12:1
- Perfect (completely identical cards, e.g., a couple of 4 of Diamonds)
Cashback Blackjack online brings a lot to the table. Its core gameplay can satisfy traditionalists while the early payout option, side bets, and multi-hand play are always there for those looking to make things a bit more interesting. On top of that, the title is modern, plays great on mobile, and has a compelling RTP rate.
If you wish to try this Playtech hit for yourself, feel free to register at one of the approved operators on our list. They will allow you to play it for free and are ready to welcome you with a hefty bonus if you decide to make a deposit.