Blackjack has the best return rates in gambling, but once you learn how to play, it can become a bit dull. Most software developers try to counter this inevitability by adding side bets or altering some of the less important rules. However, 21 Duel Blackjack online goes a step further.
This Playtech hit dares to change the core aspects of the game to bring you a new level of entertainment. Our 2021 review will tell you all about its quirks, teach you how to play it, and show you the best casinos that offer the game today.
Play the Game at These Approved Operators
Although Playtech powers many big operators, not all of them feature the company’s full table game portfolio. NetBet’s “Vegas” tab is one of the few places where you can access every old and new title from this developer, including 21 Duel Blackjack online. On top of that, the casino keeps things fresh by constantly updating its promotional section.
A famous iGaming site with a lovely design and licenses from the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner and the UKGC, which are the most stringent in the world. Casino.com impresses with a collection of nearly a thousand games from Playtech, NetEnt, and other big software providers. The venue operates in many big markets and is available in eight different languages.
Probably one of the best destinations for high rollers. This establishment is ready to welcome you with a deposit match of up to $5,000 and boasts attractive daily deals plus dedicated live casino promotions. If you’re looking for some genuine entertainment, the Mansion live casino will deliver on all fronts. It also grabbed a 2020 award for its superior customer service.
Breaking down the 21 Duel Blackjack Rules
At first, the 21 Duel Blackjack rules may seem out of whack. However, things start to make sense once you realize that Playtech has incorporated elements of Poker into this game. The card values remain the same, and so does your goal — you need to achieve a higher score than the dealer without busting by going over 21.
However, the way you do it is very different. First, you have to place an “Ante” bet to start playing. Then, you’ll be dealt two cards — one face-up and one face down. The croupier will proceed to deal two face-down cards to themselves, and two communal cards in the middle (both parties can use them).
Afterward, 21 Duel Blackjack by Playtech will let you form a hand with one of the communal cards. Once you choose, you’ll place an additional bet that’s equal in value to the Ante. From then, you can stand or press “Hit” to reveal the face-down card in your hand. If you don’t bust, the dealer will do the same, and the side with the higher point total wins. That more or less covers the basics. Now let’s see some of the other important 21 Duel Blackjack rules:
- The game is played with six standard decks, and the dealer won’t hit past 17.
- You can’t form “natural” Blackjacks. Put differently, all two- or three-card 21 totals are equal.
- If the house’s point total is lower than 13, you win 1:1 on the Ante and push on the secondary bet. This rule is valid even if your score is lower than that of the dealer.
- Splits and double downs aren’t part of the game, but you can play with up to three hands against the house.
A Guide to Get You Going
Learning the ropes of this release might seem intimidating. To ease the process, we’ve created a tutorial that anyone can follow. Please make sure that you’ve understood the 21 Duel Blackjack rules and follow the below steps:
- It would be ideal to get a few practice sessions before putting your money at risk. Our advice is to enter NetBet’s “Vegas” section and locate a free demo that you can play at your leisure.
- Once you enable Flash and the loading time finishes, check out the accepted betting limits from the whiteboard at the top. Then, select a playing chip from the bottom-left corner, and place it on the “Ante” bet in the middle. Keep in mind that 21 Duel Blackjack online will ask you to double the Ante if you don’t fold in the next stage.
- Press “Deal” to commence a round. Six cards will be dealt. Check out your face-up card and choose with which community card to combine it by pressing the “Left/Right Card” buttons. If you don’t like your prospects, you can also fold and avoid doubling the Ante. If your point total is lower than 16, our advice is to press the “Hit” button to reveal the other card in your hand.
- If you haven’t busted, the dealer will play their turn, and the hand with the highest point total will win. Google “21 Duel Blackjack Strategy” for tables that will help you get the best possible return rates if you plan to wager real money later.
A Quick Note on the Side Bet and Special Features of 21 Duel Blackjack Online
You’ve probably noticed the existence of three areas called “2 Up”. Putting money there will activate an optional side bet. It awards a 3:1 payout if the two communal cards and your face-up card form any pair, and 20:1 if they form a three-of-a-kind. The house edge on this stake is big, so we recommend skipping it or wagering on it only when you’re comfortably ahead.
Aside from that, you can view your betting history and adjust the game speed, audio and change the soundtrack from the two buttons at the top-right corner.
The Odds and RTP of 21 Duel Blackjack by Playtech
21 Duel Blackjack online has a very simple payout system. The return from regular wins is equal to the value of your Ante and the secondary bet you place when picking one of the communal cards. If the dealer fails to achieve a score of 13 or more, they don’t qualify, and you receive a 1:1 payout for the Ante only. Since there are no naturals in the game, scoring a 21 will not augment the payments in any way.
Playing according to the optimal strategy will deliver an RTP rate of 98.38%. This means that the house edge of 21 Duel Blackjack by Playtech is more than 1% higher than regular Blackjack versions, which typically come with a 99.5% RTP. The “2 Up” side bet has an even lower return at 93.47%.
Our Grade and a Few Final Words of Advice
This unusual variation of Blackjack is undoubtedly entertaining, but it’s not for everyone. Firstly, you might have trouble playing it on a mobile, as it runs on the old Flash player. Additionally, it’s not suitable for price-conscious gamblers and new players who are still coming to grips with the regular rules of Blackjack and Poker.
However, we can’t deny that we had a lot of fun while testing 21 Duel Blackjack online, so we highly recommend it to those who have experience and are looking to shake things up. If you feel like experimenting, feel free to choose one of the casinos we approve and don’t forget to claim your welcome pack.