Free Chip Blackjack Review — Reimagining an Eternal Table Game
The traditional Blackjack versions are relatively easy to understand. However, Free Chip Blackjack by Playtech is anything but traditional. This relatively new RNG release is inspired by Geoff Hall’s “Free Bet Blackjack” and spices things up with extra rules, side bets, and payouts.
The game is quite fun, but its learning curve might seem steep if you haven’t played it before. Our 2023 review will help you acquire the new information quickly and advise you on the best casinos that offer the title today.
Where to Play Free Chip Blackjack Online
Based on the award-winning platform from Mansion, Casino.com offers something for everyone. New players can get up to $400 in promo funds + 200 free spins on their first deposit. Meanwhile, you can play Free Chip Blackjack online and win extra cash if you score three or four naturals in a row.
For us, bet365’s “Casino” and “Games” sections are even more impressive than its world-famous bookmaking client. Try Free Chip Blackjack by Playtech plus over a thousand other premium releases from leading studios like Play’n Go and Microgaming.
This fully-licensed venue packs a ton of RNG and live dealer tables plus some of the best online Slots in the industry. It will cover all your needs, regardless if you’re in a mood to beat the dealer or up for some reel-spinning action. On top of that, bgo has dedicated rooms for Bingo and virtual sports simulations.
Untangling the Free Chip Blackjack Rules
Let’s start with the basics. Unsurprisingly, the objective of this game is to beat the dealer without going over 21. Also, its card values are identical to the standard versions. The house deals from a shoe with six 52-card decks, stands on hard 17s, and hits soft 17s.
Free Chip Blackjack has a couple of big advantages that you can use on certain occasions. If your initial two cards form a hard 9-11 (the hand contains no Ace), you will be able to double down without putting more of your money on the table. If you lose, only your original bet will be taken. Most splits also benefit from similar Free Chip Blackjack rules. Any pair from Ace to 9 can be divided for free. Of course, you can pay for the splits and doubles that don’t fall into the above categories.
However, these big pros are compensated by several significant cons. In case you don’t have a natural 21, the game will result in a push/draw if:
- You have the same point total as the house, which is normal.
- You stand on a 17 that’s not formed from your first two cards and the dealer busts. However, you will win if you score a natural 17, and the dealer has a 17 of their own.
- The Free Chip Blackjack rules dictate that a push will occur if the dealer busts when their up-card has a value of 10.
Needless to say, you’ll encounter a lot more draws than if you were playing regular Blackjack. On the bright side, you can split up to three hands and hit divided aces as much as you’d like. Doubles are available after your first two cards have been dealt and immediately after splits. There are also three side bets and multihand play that we’ll discuss near the end of this review.
A Tutorial for New Players
If you’re new to the world of gaming and Blackjack casinos, we recommend that you start with some of the more “vanilla” versions out there. Still, it could be fun to try Free Chip Blackjack online for free, just keep in mind that it’s not to be as easy to master.
- First, you need to find a place that has a demo mode of this release. If you don’t want to register a casino account yet, head over to NetBet’s “Vegas” section and click on the game’s thumbnail.
- Once the loading screen disappears, you’ll have the option to choose a betting range. Pick whatever you’d like, then select a chip from the bottom-left corner and click on one of the three circles in the middle.
- To begin a round in Free Chip Blackjack by Playtech, click on the green “Deal” icon. Cards will be dealt, and you’ll have the options to stand/hit/double/split as per the rules we discussed above.
- In general, it’s advisable to pick free doubles and free splits whenever you can. If you get a couple of 5s, you should double rather than split. It pays to play more aggressively on free bets, as in such cases, pushes are just as bad as losses. Also, you might want to hit 17s that are formed by three or more cards.
Free Chip Blackjack by Playtech Has the Following RTP and Payouts
With so many quirks and deviations, you might be wondering whether Free Chip Blackjack online is hiding some surprises in the payouts section. Fortunately, everything is standard in this area — a Blackjack pays 3:2, normal wins award even money, while insurance costs half your bet and pays 2:1.
When we take the rules into account, the maximum possible RTP in this game stands at 99.23%. That’s about 0.30% lower than variants that follow the standard Vegas Strip rules. Put differently, you get more entertainment for a slightly higher price.
Discussing the Side Bets and Special Features
Our Free Chip Blackjack Review is nearing its end, so it’s time to dive into the most exotic aspects of this game. You can play it with a single hand or activate a secondary and tertiary position to increase the volatility or risk/reward ratio. Furthermore, you can choose between three side bets that include:
- Free Fortune — 96.50% RTP. This wager pays progressively if you use the “Free Chip” function on a given hand. The highest reward is 1,000:1, and it is awarded when you get three free splits and use a free double on all of them.
- Perfect Pairs — 93.89% RTP. A rather standard Blackjack wager. It pays if your/the dealer’s first two cards form a pair.
- Bust Bonanza — 96.37% RTP. Rewards up to x45 your bet when the dealer busts in different scenarios.
Free Chip Blackjack online is modern, different, and entertaining. It’s also a bit hard to comprehend and doesn’t pay as much as the regular variants. Thus, we would recommend it to experienced players who like to take bigger risks and would appreciate its entertainment value.
If you don’t identify with this group, you can find plenty of other awesome game reviews on our website. However, if you’d like to let the free chips roll, feel free to pick one of the approved operators on our list and claim your welcome bonus.
Other Playtech Games
- Blackjack Mini Review
- Blackjack Multihand 5 Review
- Blackjack Switch Review
- Blackjack Pro Playtech Review
- Blackjack Scratch Review
- Blackjack Peek Review
- Blackjack Surrender Playtech Review
- Blackjack Surrender Multihand Review
- Blackjack Uk Review
- Premuim Blackjack Review
- 21 Duel Blackjack Review
- Cashback Blackjack Review
- All Bets Blackjack Review
- Lucky Lucky Blackjack Review
- Progressive Blackjack Review