A clear goal and flawless execution are the two components that have brought major success to Pragmatic Play. It only took five years for this mobile-focused provider to grow from a total newcomer to a titan of the iGaming industry. You will often see Pragmatic games taking up the featured spots at many top online casinos, a clear testament to their quality and popularity.
If you’ve wanted to know more about the company, you’ve come to the right place. Our 2022 report will tell you all about the best Pragmatic Play casinos, Blackjack & table games, Slots, and touch upon the developer’s history and licenses.
The Best Pragmatic Play Blackjack Games
|Game||Number of Decks||RTP||Min Bet (per hand)||Max Bet (per hand)||Play here|
|Read review||4||99.60%||1||100||Play at MELbet|
|Read review||8||99.51%||1||100||Play at 1xBet|
The Pragmatic Play Casino List for 2022
There’s a good reason that PlayOJO is known as “the fair online casino”. This operator won’t burden you with hard-to-fulfill bonus T&Cs or wagering requirements. Its welcome deal consists of 50 free spins with instantly withdrawable winnings. Also, Pragmatic’s “Wolf Gold” Scratchcard recently awarded $1 million to a lucky customer at this venue.
A famous venue that serves customers in Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, India and some asian countries. Royal Panda's gaming lobby features Pragmatic’s entire Slot portfolio and live dealer games with a plethora of streams from only leading studios from around the world. Additionaly there are over 1,000 other games that you can play for free or for real money.
The perfect place for those looking to try the entire Pragmatic Play software selection, including the studio’s rare RNG Blackjack & table games as well as their leading live dealer titles. This venue will surprise you with its unusual promotional campaigns and the fact that it accepts payments with diverse methods including multiple cryptocurrencies.
We like to call MELbet “The casino game Wikipedia” due to its enormous collection of 2,500+ titles. Signing up here will grant you access to the entire Pragmatic portfolio plus content from over 90+ other software providers. As an official partner of Spain’s La Liga football league, you can rest assured that this operator also delivers on the Sports betting front.
Examining Pragmatic Play’s Blackjack and RNG Table Games
Most often, a Pragmatic Play online casino will feature the developer’s Slots and live dealer games. However, this studio also has a small but high-quality assemblage of all-virtual table games that is definitely worth checking out. We’ll give you the details for each title below. If you’d like to try them for free, visit MELbet or Casino X.
- American and Multihand Blackjack — These two games are so alike that we decided to bunch them up together. The only difference between the two is that the first is played with four 52-card decks, while the second uses eight. Aside from that, both of these Pragmatic Play Blackjack releases can be played with up to three hands and have betting limits of $1-$100. The dealer will stand on all 17s and will peek for a natural when their face-up card has a value of 10 or is an Ace. You can split once when you have two cards of equal value. Doubles are possible after receiving your first two cards and following a split. Some nifty functionalities that we’ve noticed include a super-smooth fast mode and a basic strategy chart that will help you achieve the best possible returns. The American Pragmatic Play Blackjack has a higher RTP rate (99.60%) than the “Multihand” variation (99.51%), as there are fewer decks in play.
- Roulette — A traditional game with a classic moniker. It follows the European rules, meaning that that the wheel has a single zero and none of the player-friendly French regulations like “La Partage”. We have to give props to Pragmatic for the interface of this title, as it is a pleasure to play on mobile. You can place French bets, but they are hidden behind a button instead of being displayed on a racetrack area. The RTP stands at 97.30%.
- Baccarat — Another table classic that you can find in some new Pragmatic Play casinos. It doesn’t feature any side bets, meaning that you can bet on the Player/Banker sides or for a tie. It’s played with 8 decks that are shuffled after each round. You can see the results from the last 20 rounds in a small area on the right side. If you bet solely on the side of the banker, the house edge will stand at 1.06%. Much like the other games we described here, you can play with $1-$100 per hand.
Pragmatic Dares to Innovate in the Live Dealer Space
The most ambitious new venture of this company is that it dared to enter the live casino space. As you might know, this is an extremely cutthroat niche that’s dominated by Evolution Gaming and Playtech. However, Pragmatic Play’s software and hardware solutions proved to be competitive.
In April 2019, the developer built a state-of-the-art studio in the Romanian capital of Bucharest. Its starting capacity was 43 tables, but it’s likely that the number has increased by now. One of the top features that we’ve noticed is that some streams are recorded with 4K cameras, which brings an unparalleled level of realism, but also requires a fast and stable Internet connection from players.
Now, let’s take a look at the live games you can enjoy in our recommended Pragmatic Play casinos:
- Blackjack — Currently, you will be able to access standard 7-seater tables that feature the “21+3” and “Perfect Pairs” side bets plus a bet behind functionality. We’ve noticed that these streams aren’t suitable for budget gamblers, as their minimum betting limit fluctuates between $10 and $50. However, high rollers will appreciate that they can put down up to $15,000 per hand. Otherwise, the rules are almost the same as the RNG versions we discussed above — 8 decks, dealer stands on 17s, one split, and double down after your first two cards only. If you play the base game according to basic strategy, you can expect an RTP of 99.28%. The side bets of this Pragmatic Play Blackjack have higher payouts but lower return rates — 95.90% for the “Pairs”, and 96.30% for “21+3”.
- Roulette — Several streams that all follow the European rules. However, we have to note that in addition to the regular tables, one can also join “Auto” and “Speed” variants that have shorter waiting times between rounds. Some venues will even offer native streams in German, Italian, and Russian. Betting starts at $0.10 or $0.50 and goes up to $2,000 or $5,000, depending on the broadcast.
- Baccarat and Sic Bo — As opposed to the RNG version of the game, the standard and “Speed” live versions you’ll see at a Pragmatic Play online casino come with a variety of side bets. You can bet on a “Perfect Pair”, “Small hand”, “Player/Banker Pair”, “Either Pair”, or “Big Hand”, in addition to the standard three options. Baccarat players can wager with $1-$10,000 per hand. Lastly, we have a variant of the Chinese three-dice game of Sic Bo, which comes with a ton of betting options, and payouts that stretch to over 1,000:1.
Pragmatic Play Software Is Ideal for Mobile Devices
At the start, we mentioned that Pragmatic has a main priority. Its ambition is to deliver premium games that will function well on any relatively modern smartphone or tablet. For this reason, each of the company’s 200+ releases is constructed on HTML5, a platform that is perfectly compatible with iOS and Android devices, regardless if you play through an app or a web browser.
Moreover, Pragmatic Play software is purposefully designed to enable easy touch screen interactions. For example, the layout of Slots adapts to both landscape and portrait modes. The interface of Pragmatic Blackjack titles features big buttons that allow you to perform all essential actions with a single tap.
Reviewing Pragmatic’s Slots and Scratchcards
Our review of Pragmatic Play wouldn’t be complete without mentioning its famous Slots. The developer’s reel machines are known for their impressive graphics and quality sound effects, but players are mainly attracted to their features and the “Prize Drop” program.
Let’s take “Wolf Gold”, the top PP 5-reeler, as an example. In addition to the standard Wild symbols, the game spawns giant symbols that occupy the entire middle three reels while free spins are active. It’s no wonder that Pragmatic Play casinos have it as their top recommendation for players. Additionally, there are special moon-shaped tokens that come with random payouts. When you get six of them on the reels, you’ll activate a special re-spin feature that recharges if a new moon symbol appears. In the end, all of the sums are gathered and paid out.
On top of that, there’s the “Prize Drop” campaign. In a nutshell, you have a prize pool worth $4,600 that’s given out every day. You can win up to $1,000 from a single spin from this bonus feature. Additionally, old and new Pragmatic Play casinos have weekly in-game tournaments where the biggest win (measured as a multiplier) gets $5,000. You can participate in “Prize Drop” as long as you wager $0.50 or more per spin; no opt-in is required. The program is also compatible with other popular Slots like “Great Rhino”, “Da Vinci’s Treasure”, “Ancient Egypt”, and so on.
Lastly, this firm has a penchant for turning its in-demand Slots into Scratchcards. Currently, there are seven of these games available, with “Wolf Gold 1,000,000” boasting the largest prize of $1 million.
A Look at the Other Ventures
Producing and maintaining live and RNG games for online operators occupies most of the recourses of this developer. However, Pragmatic Play software is also supplied to certain land-based casinos. You might also be surprised to find that PP offers a comprehensive Bingo client.
Fans of this game can enjoy multiple 90-, 80-, 75-, 50-, and 30-ball variations plus an innovative mobile-first product called “Bingo Blast”, Its standout characteristics include a fresh design and speeds that are 3-4 times quicker than the standard 90-ball Bingo.
The Company behind Every Pragmatic Play Online Casino: History, Licenses, Regulation
Pragmatic came into being in 2015. Its main offices are in Malta and Gibraltar, but it also has operational and development bases in England, Wales, Serbia, Romania, India, and Ukraine. One can find Pragmatic Play online casino sites serving countries on four continents, which explains why the developer is licensed by more than 20 jurisdictions. Some of its main regulators include the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
If fair play is one of your top concerns, you’ll be happy to know that several ATFs (accredited testing facilities) such as GLI, BMM, and Gaming Associates have trialed and confirmed that Pragmatic games are truly random. It’s also worth noting that the developer has been the recipient of many awards from players and critics alike. Some of its top recognitions include IGA’s “iGaming Software Provider” for this year and the 2019 AskGamblers prize for Best developer.
Get the Most Bang for Your Buck by Choosing a Proper Gaming Site
We can safely conclude that Pragmatic Play is one of the leading iGaming studios in 2022. Its live and RNG Blackjack and table games tick all the right boxes and play amazingly on mobile, while the popularity of its Slots machines speaks for itself.
If you’d like to treat yourself to an amazing online gambling experience, pick a verified operator from our Pragmatic Play Casino list. That way, you’ll enjoy the developer’s fantastic games and benefit from great bonuses, fast payouts, and 24/7 customer support.
Other Casino Software Providers
- Microgaming Review
- NetEnt Review
- Playtech Review
- Play'n GO Review
- Habanero Review
- Betsoft Review
- iSoftBet Review
- 1x2Gaming Review
- IGT Review
- Evolution Gaming Review
- Switch Studios Review
- Iron Dog Studio Review
- Evoplay Review
- BGaming Review
- Red Tiger Review
- Realtime gaming Review
- Espresso Games Review
- PG Soft Review
- SG Digital Review
- Rival Review
- Relax Gaming Review
- Realistic Games Review
- Multislot Review
- One Touch Review
- Platipus Review
- Ezugi Review
- Visionary iGaming Review
- Vivo Gaming Review
- Lucky Streak Review
- BetConstruct Review
- Medialive Review