The best way to enjoy Blackjack online is to join a live dealer table. These streams are hosted by real, professional dealers, they don’t rely on hard-to-understand RNG engines, and provide a classy & social experience similar to the floors of real-life casinos.
However, the completion of a single game round can take a while at classic 7-seater tables. If you’re tired of waiting, live casino supplier Evolution has a solution for you — Live Speed Blackjack. These zippy broadcasts are 30%-40% faster than regular tables. Read on to learn about their payouts & rules and see which operators offer them today.
Play Live Speed Blackjack at These Approved iGaming Sites
This operator has it all: a lucky name, a stylish design with “Classic Vegas” vibes, and a fantastic selection of games. 777 casino is ready to welcome any player willing to register with a no-deposit bonus of 77 Slot spins. You can use the winnings generated from these free rounds to try live dealer Speed Blackjack for free.
Are you on the search for a venue with thousands of quality games? Look no further. PlayAmo is a Mecca for gaming, boasting content from over 50 RNG providers and 5 live studios. Our Evolution Speed Blackjack review team also notes that you can pay and play with Bitcoin.
An attractive iGaming site that’s authorized and regulated by the UKGC and MGA. It is suitable for those with a larger playing budget, as you can claim bonus funds up to $1,000 and 50 promo spins with your first four deposits. Vegas Hero also boasts separate match and cashback bonuses for its live dealer lobby.
The Speed Blackjack Rules Are Surprisingly Unsurprising
The rules that govern these zippy tables are identical to those of any traditional 7-seater stream. We’ll detail them in a bit, but let’s first establish what puts the “speed” in Speed Blackjack. As any fan of the genre will tell you, when you play a live game of 21, up to seven players “gather” in a semicircle around the dealer.
The croupier always deals cards from right to left at the start of a round. Once each participant receives their 2-card hand, the process continues — the rightmost player gets to act first, while those to his left have to wait. Thus, if you’ve picked a place on the left side, it can take some time before it’s your turn.
Speed Blackjack by Evolution Gaming implements one little change that significantly alters the playing experience. After your first two cards are dealt in the traditional fashion we described above, everyone sees the options to hit/stand/split/double. The dealer will react to the first player who makes a move, disregarding the usual clockwise direction.
This adjustment reduces the duration of a round by more than a third and is great for both experienced players and newcomers. If you play fast, you get served first. If you need time, you can contemplate your options while others make their moves regardless of where you’re sitting.
Now, let’s check out the other Speed Blackjack rules:
- The game is played with eight 52-card decks.
- Dealers are obliged to stand on all 17s and offer insurance when their up-card is an Ace. The peek rule is also in effect.
- Double downs: You can only double after you’ve received your first two cards. Not available following splits.
- Splits: These become available when your initial cards are of the same point value. You can’t do re-splits or receive more than one card when dividing Aces. All other combinations can be hit.
A Tutorial for Live Dealer Speed Blackjack
If you don’t know how to play Blackjack, it’s best to avoid betting on live tables. The reason for this is that you’ll need to wager real cash on Live Speed Blackjack streams unless you’re using some sort of a no-deposit bonus. Our advice to newcomers is to find a demo of a classic virtual/RNG game (check our other reviews) and play it for free using a basic strategy chart until you learn the ropes.
Once you do, follow the below steps to get started:
- Select one of the casinos on our list and create an account. It’s also a good idea to deposit and start the identity verification procedure since you’ll be wagering real cash.
- Click on the “Live Casino” button, and select any Evolution-branded stream. Once you’re inside, click on the “X” at the top left and locate any of the live dealer Speed Blackjack streams in the dedicated tab. It would be best to start at a table with a $5 minimum limit and work your way up if you have a budget that can support it.
- Select one of the open positions (or wait for one to free up) and wait for the next round to begin. You will see a bunch of playing chips appear in the middle of the screen. Pick one and put it on the center circle within the time limit to participate.
- The croupier will distribute cards in the aforementioned way; then, you’ll see a widget with options to hit, stand, split, or double. If you’re not familiar with basic strategy, our review team recommends to check our Blackjack strategy page. Remember to play at your own pace; as you get better, your speed will increase. The most important thing is to avoid mistakes by following the strategy chart that you downloaded.
The Payouts of Speed Blackjack by Evolution Gaming
The alterations to card dealing don’t affect the mathematics or the house edge of the game. Just like with any other 7-seater Evolution table, you’ll receive 3:2 payouts for naturals and even-money rewards for all other wins. With basic strategy, the theoretical RTP of this title measures in at 99.29%, which is marginally lower than the 99.50% “gold standard” for the genre.
Still, live dealer Speed Blackjack is considered to have a very low house edge compared to Slots or other games of chance. There are also two side bets (21+3 and Perfect Pairs) and the Insurance bet. We avoided discussing them because these wagers should be skipped if you want to achieve the best returns over the long run. They might seem appealing, but their odds are suboptimal.
A Quick Rundown of the Buttons and Special Features
When inside an Evolution stream, you’ll probably notice the several groups of buttons bunched up at each corner of the screen. Here, we’ll explain what they do:
- Bottom-left corner: You can see your balance and the current value of your bet. If you press the “$/£/€” icon, live Speed Blackjack opens the “deposit” section where you can fund your account.
- Bottom-right corner: “+ Table” activates split-screen mode and allows you to play two games at once. “Lobby” will take you back to the game selection menu without exiting the current room.
- Top-right corner: From left to right, the buttons are — chat window, change view, volume slider, general settings, betting history, and the “Help” screen, which contains all the rules and payouts.
- Top-left corner: Here, you can see the table limits or exit the stream.
You Are Ready for the Journey?
All things considered, live dealer Speed Blackjack feels like an improvement over regular versions. It keeps the traditional rules and retains the high payouts while reducing waiting times, which is a win-win for both players and casinos.
The only possible downside is that croupiers are more prone to making mistakes since they’re dealing faster, although Evolution trains its staff according to the highest standards. We wholeheartedly recommend these streams to any interested player who knows the rules or how to read a basic strategy chart. Start playing in minutes by registering at one of our approved gaming sites, and don’t forget to claim your welcome deal!