“To do a common thing uncommonly well brings success”. These famous words come from Henry J. Heinz, the inventor of Heinz Ketchup. In the world of online gaming, there’s no better example to confirm the quote’s validity than Playtech’s Premium Blackjack.
This RNG release won’t surprise you with extravagant rules or unusual side bets. Instead, it packs a traditional experience that’s enhanced by pleasant visuals, buttery-smooth animations, and nifty features. Our Premium Blackjack review will help you explore the game and highlight the best places to try it today.
Play Premium Blackjack Online at These Approved Operators
- bwin - Another big bookmaking brand that boasts an excellent “Casino” section. bwin’s RNG games come from Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, and Play’n GO, the four finest iGaming developers. Meanwhile, its live dealer section is one of the few places where you can find tables from Evolution Gaming and Playtech live sitting side by side.
- William Hill - Try Premium Blackjack online and over 1,000 other games at William Hill. The venue welcomes newcomers with a 100% deposit boost up to $300. Regulars can benefit from promotional campaigns with prize pools of up to $2 million. Clients for Poker, Bingo, and Sports betting are also available.
The Premium Blackjack Rules You Need to Know
You can consider this game as a variation of standard Vegas Strip Blackjack. However, we can’t conclude this section too quickly, as there are lots of little peculiarities that are worth reviewing. Let’s start with the number of cards in play. The dealer uses six regular decks, each containing 52 cards. The Premium Blackjack rules require shuffling to occur between rounds. This eliminates any possibility for card counting, but it’s also better for return rates than using cut cards.
The house is required to stand on both soft and hard 17s. Peeking for Blackjack is unavailable, regardless of the croupier’s up-card. You have the option of insuring, although this bet is universally considered as sub-optimal.
If you double versus an Ace up-card, your entire wager will be lost in the event of a dealer Blackjack. However, your doubled bet will be returned when the dealer gets a natural from an up-card with a value of 10. In Premium Blackjack online, you will beat any dealer hand except a natural 21 if you somehow manage to get a 10-card hand without busting.
- Double down rules: You can double down before your first hit and after splits.
- Split rules: One split per hand is allowed. It’s possible to divide any two cards that have an equal point value. You can hit all split pairs except Aces, which receive one additional card.
It’s also worth knowing that multi-hand play (up to 5 hands) is available. This feature increases the risk, but also the reward potential. Lastly, we have two side bets. Continue reading our Premium Blackjack review to find out more about them.
The Three Side Bets and Their Payouts
If you want to make things interesting, you can always put some chips on one of the three available side bets. The trio is well-known in the Blackjack community and includes “Player’s Pair”, “Dealer’s Pair”, and “21+3”.
Pair bets pay when either you or the dealer land get two cards of the same rank in the starting hand. Here are the three payouts:
- 6:1 if the pair consists of a black and red card (e.g., a 10 of Spades and a 10 of Hearts)
- 12:1 if the pair has the same color (e.g., Clubs and Spades)
- 25:1 when the two cards are completely identical
Let’s see what the other bet in Premium Blackjack online is all about. “21+3” also works with the initial cards, but it takes your first two and the croupier’s up-card to form different combinations:
- 5:1 for a Flush
- 10:1 for a Straight
- 30:1 for a 3-of-a-kind
- 40:1 for a Straight Flush
- 100:1 for a suited 3-of-a-kind
This Step-By-Step Guide Turns New Players into Pros in Minutes
- The best course of action for Blackjack newbies is to practice and learn without worrying about money. Therefore, finding a demo of this game should be your priority. The operators on our list offer free-to-play modes, but keep in mind that some countries like the UK are more restrictive when it comes to demos. You can also try searching in NetBet’s “Vegas” tab.
- Once you find and start Premium Blackjack by Playtech, you should see a menu that will let you pick between four tiers of betting limits. Select one and click on “Join”.
- Clicking on one of the circles and pressing “Deal” will start the game. If you wish to change the chip denominations, use the widget at the bottom-left side.
- We recommend using multi-hand play and the side bets after you’ve mastered basic strategy. Input the search phrase “Paytech blackjack 4-8 deck strategy” without the quotation marks in Google Images, then make sure to download and use a list that indicates a dealer stand on soft/all 17s.
Premium Blackjack online places the volume slider, “Help” page, and the options menu at the top-right corner. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to click on them while you’re in the middle of a round. We recommend disabling insurance and any side bet you don’t intend to use from “Settings”.
The Payouts of Premium Blackjack by Playtech
A quick glance at the paytable is all that we needed to confirm the lack of unpleasant surprises. The payouts are super simple — you get your bet back and an amount equal to it every time you beat the dealer with a higher score that’s not a Blackjack. If you score 21 points from your first two cards, you’ll receive a superior 3:2 reward. Sticking to the basic strategy in Premium Blackjack by Playtech will result in an expected RTP of 99.58%, which is standard for the genre. That’s all you need to know about the main bet.
In general, any side wager comes with a bigger house edge. Thus, we advise against using them if you want to achieve the best results in the long run. Still, you can put some money on them if you’re in the profit zone and are feeling lucky. “21+3” is the superior option with its 95.38% RTP, while the two “Pairs” wagers have a 93.89% return.
Ready to Try Something Premium?
In summary, this title is true to its name. It delivers classic rules and competitive payouts and enhances them with great graphics, side bets, and multi-hand play. Premium Blackjack online is also based on HTML5, which makes it compatible with any iOS/Android smartphone and tablet that has come out in the past 5-7 years.
We don’t mean to sound like cheesy salespeople, but you don’t need to take our word for it. The game is available for free at the casinos we recommend, so you can test and try it to your heart’s content. If you’re interested in playing for real cash, the bonuses of bwin and William Hill will help you get off on the right foot. Good luck and remember to play responsibly!