Finding the best online version of Blackjack can be a daunting task, especially when new casinos and games pop up all the time. However, newer isn’t always better, and to illustrate this point, this review will take a look at “Blackjack Switch” by Playtech.
The release has been available for at least six years, but its unorthodox rules and incredible return rates are still unmatched to this day. Read on to find out how to play it like a pro and locate the best operators that offer it.
Try Blackjack Switch Online in These Online Casinos
- Mansion Casino — If you’d like to start off on the right foot, Mansion Casino can get you going with a hefty welcome bonus. Customers in Canada, Germany, and other major markets can boost their initial deposit by 100% up to $/€500. High rollers who put down over $/€1,000 can grab a 50% match up to $/€5,000.
- Casino.com — Play Blackjack Switch and 900 other premium games at Casino.com. The vast entertainment portfolio of this venue contains products from Playtech, NetEnt, Microgaming, and many other excellent developers. Complete challenges and earn free spins and promo credits by utilizing the innovative bonus system.
- For fans of casino games & sports betting — bet365 and bwin are both powered by Playtech and feature Blackjack Switch in their respective collections. On top of that, both of these sites are world-famous bookmakers that are available in many countries and come with a full set of licenses and accreditations.
Clarifying the Blackjack Switch Rules
The Blackjack Switch rules differ from the standard Vegas Strip regulations in several ways. First off, you always bet and play with two hands against the dealer. This requirement is in place because you’re allowed to swap the second cards, you’re dealt between the two hands, hence the name of the game. Do note that the “Switch” option is only available at the beginning and disappears after you press hit/stand/split/double.
Aside from that, the game is played with six standard 52-card decks that are shuffled between each round. The dealer will draw to 17 and hit any 17s with an Ace in them. Our Blackjack Switch review also has to note that if the house busts with a score of 22, the result would be a push. However, you could still win in such cases if you pull off a Blackjack.
Only one split per hand is allowed. You can double and hit after splits except when you’re dividing a couple of Aces. The house will peek for Blackjack when its up-card is an Ace or has a value of 10. Insurance is available, but you don’t have an option to surrender at any point. Lastly, you can place a “Super Match” side bet if you desire. It pays if your initial two cards contain a pair, two pairs, or a 3-of-a-kind.
A Quick Tutorial to Get You Going
While Blackjack Switch online won’t feel foreign to fans of the genre, we still advise you to get in a few practice rounds before staking real money. The below guide is intended for new players who want to learn the ropes, but experienced bettors can use it to find a demo mode quickly.
- If you’re planning to try this game for real cash at some point, you could register at one of the operators we recommend and see if it offers a free-to-play version of the title. The official Playtech site doesn’t have any demos, but you can search the web for one.
- Play Blackjack Switch by selecting a chip from the bottom-left corner and placing it on one of the two large circles in the middle. A single click will put down two chips to cover both positions.
- Once you’re satisfied with the bet amount, press “Deal” to start the round. You’ll receive two sets of two cards and get the option to switch, double, hit, stand, and split according to the situation. If you wish to swap, remember to do it before hitting any of the other buttons.
- Mastering this title will require you to learn underlying strategy. You could google “Blackjack basic strategy chart” and use it with “Blackjack Switch” by Playtech until you memorize the moves. Try to find one for a game that’s played with 4-8 decks where the dealer hits soft 17s.
RTP and Payouts of “Blackjack Switch” by Playtech
Some of you might be disappointed to find out that scoring a natural in this title pays as much as a regular win — 1:1. However, this alteration balances out the powerful swap mechanic. All things considered, if you play by using the optimal approach, you can benefit from a theoretical RTP of 99.87%. This return rate is one of the highest you can get online and eclipses those of most Blackjack variations.
Keep in mind that the “Super Match” side bet in Blackjack Switch online has a higher house edge, 2.55%, to be exact. This isn’t too bad for such wagers, but you might want to bet on it when you’re ahead. Here are the types of payouts you can expect from “Super Match”:
- A single pair of cards pays 1:1.
- A three-of-a-kind pays 5:1.
- Two pairs pay 8:1.
- A four-of-a-kind pays 40:1.
Settings and Special Features
Here are some of the things you can do to tweak the game to your liking:
- Change the color of the layout — Press the “color” button at the top left corner. You can choose between nine hues.
- Toggle sound/mute — “Blackjack Switch” by Playtech has a “sound” icon at the top-right side. Use it to disable all audio or hover your mouse pointer over it to prompt an audio slider to appear.
- View betting history, the “Help” section, and more settings — All of these options are hiding behind the wrench-shaped icon at the top right.
Play Blackjack Switch in a Respected Casino
This release checks all the boxes — it’s fun, pays well and still looks great to this day. The only problem is that the game is made on Flash and will cease to exist at the end of 2020. However, laytech knows that this variant is popular and will likely come up with a successor that will be available in the years to come.
If you’d like to play Blackjack Switch now, all you need to do is pick an operator from our approved list. Registration takes a couple of minutes and will grant you access to the finest games and bonuses of 2021.