Vegas Downtown Blackjack Review 2023 — Play in Style
Over the last few years, Switch Studios has captivated the global iGaming community. This English software developer uses the platform of gambling giant Microgaming to deliver some of the best RNG table games you can play today.
Its several blackjack titles are particularly impressive, boasting a house edge that’s lower than the already razor-thin average for the genre. However, which of these releases should you choose? After reviewing the “Classic”, “Atlantic City”, “Single Deck” and “European” variants, it’s time to introduce our “Vegas Downtown Blackjack” review. Read on to learn the rules and explore the fantastic blackjack casinos that offer these games.
Where To Play Vegas Downtown Blackjack Online
If you love online casinos with a character, Casoola will surely keep you entertained. This website is themed after a dystopian but funny world born out of a virtual reality experiment. Aside from its Futurama-like characters, the venue is known for its rich selection of over 1,300 games.
Aside from featuring Mega Moolah, Major Millions, Treasure Nile, and other “millionaire-maker” slots, Jackpot City has a fantastic table game selection. You can play Vegas Downtown Blackjack by Switch Studios and many other games of 21 in a live dealer or RNG form.
They say that Fortune is a goddess who smiles upon the prepared. Casino Gods is ready to dish out a divine intervention to all new players who register. You can claim up to $1,500 and 300 bonus spins that are compatible with top NetEnt slots like Starburst and Gonzo’s Quest.
Exploring the Vegas Downtown Blackjack Rules
Whether you’re playing Downtown or on the Strip, the Las Vegas Blackjack variants follow the same essential guidelines. Their card values and main objective are identical. If you’re new and don’t know the basics, you can access our “Rules” page by scrolling up and pressing the dedicated button from our menu at the top.
Here, we’ll talk about which Vegas Downtown Blackjack rules favor the player and the house, and we’ll share some important details about splits and double downs.
- The game uses two standard decks or a total of 104 cards. The fewer decks in play, the better your chances are of landing a natural. For comparison, most standard Blackjacks use 6 or 8 decks.
- The house will peek for a natural on up-cards with a value of 10 or Aces. This means that you’ll automatically lose unless you have a 21 from the start, but at least you won’t run the risk of doubling down against a hidden blackjack.
- Cards are shuffled between rounds, so the RTP rate is consistent.
- Play Vegas Downtown Blackjack online allows you to bet between $1 and $200 at a time. These limits can satisfy players of nearly every budget.
- High rollers and bettors with a high risk tolerance can also play a separate “Multi-hand” version. It allows you to receive up to five hands simultaneously.
- The dealer will draw until 16 and stand on hard 17s. However, cards will be drawn if the 17 contains an Ace (A.K.A. “soft”).
- You don’t have the option to surrender if your starting hand is bad.
- The “Charlie” rule isn’t in effect, meaning that you won’t win if your hand reaches a certain amount of cards before busting.
Vegas Downtown Blackjack Rules Regarding Splits and Doubles
- Doubling down is allowed after you receive your first two cards and following splits.
- Splits are possible on any 2-card pair of an identical point value.
- You can re-split 3 times to create up to four hands.
- Aces can be split one time. Additionally, they receive only one card, and any 21s you get from them aren’t considered “natural.”
How To Play for Free & a Beginner Tutorial
There’s no point in waxing lyrical about the awesome mobile compatibility and smooth gameplay of Vegas Downtown Blackjack by Switch Studios, as you can experience them for yourself in just a few minutes. The first two steps of the below guide will show you how to find the title and play it for free, while the rest are instructions for new players:
- The three operators that we listed in the beginning were selected for a reason. Aside from being safe and offering many awesome games & bonuses, they allow users from most regions to play demos without registration. Check them out, select one that you like, and enter it.
- These casinos have a lot of games, so it might be a bit hard to find Vegas Downtown Blackjack online. Instead of searching in the various categories, the easiest thing you could do is type in the name in the site’s search bar.
- Select the demo and wait a couple of seconds for everything to load. Then, pick a playing chip from the lower-left side and place it on the circle in the middle. Once you do, “clear” and “deal” will light up. The first is a correction tool that removes any wagers while the second starts the game.
- Two face-up cards will be dealt on your side. The dealer also gets two, but only one will be visible until their turn comes. Now, you’ll have the options to improve your hand by hitting and doubling, splitting to create two hands, or concluding your turn with “stand.”
- Our Vegas Downtown Blackjack review team recommends that you use “basic strategy” for this or any Blackjack that you play. This is a playing style based on statistics that will tell you the most optimal move depending on your hand’s total and the dealer’s up-card. You can learn more about it by visiting our “Strategy” page.
The Payouts of Vegas Downtown Blackjack by Switch Studios
As usual, standard wins will grant you an amount equal to your wager, while winning with a natural, ups the reward to 3:2. Insurance costs half of your original stake and pays 2:1 if the dealer gets a blackjack. We always advise against insuring, as the odds of this bet are simply bad.
If you follow basic strategy, the theoretical house edge will come at 0.38%. This makes Vegas Downtown Blackjack online a better choice than most regular blackjacks and almost every other casino game. However, we have to note that the size of your wagers and your luck will play a big part over the short term, as the house edge & RTP rate even out after thousands of rounds.
To summarize, this release is superior to most RNG games you’ll encounter today. The trouble is that it usually competes against other Blackjacks from Switch Studios, which offer an even thinner house edge. If you have the choice, you should always go for the developer’s “Classic Blackjack” and its incredible 99.91% RTP ratio. The recommended second choice is “Vegas Single Deck,” followed by “Atlantic City Blackjack.”
Vegas Downtown Blackjack online might not be the top dog in this group, but the good news is that every casino on our list offers the entire range of Switch Studios Blackjacks. If you want to play the absolute best titles in terms of return rates, create an account and don’t forget to look for awesome promotions.